We are a registered charity, founded and supported by the local community. Our Day Unit was first opened in 1995 through the commitment and vision of a dedicated group of fundraisers. This unit now provides care for up to 10 patients daily, five days a week.
The In Patient Unit was opened in December 2000 and has eight beds providing 24 hour care 365 days a year. We strongly believe that it is the little things that matter and make all the difference to your stay with us.
St. Kentigern Hospice is committed to meeting the needs of people, with active, progressive or advanced illness. By providing palliative care we strive to promote the highest quality of life with continuing support for families and carers.
St Kentigern Hospice is a local charity providing care and support for patients with a life limiting illness across North East Wales. Taking in Colwyn Bay in the west along the coast to Northop in the East and inland encompassing Mold, Ruthin, Corwen, Denbigh and Llangernyw.
Philosophy of Care
- Our continuing objective is to offer patients, their carers, families and friends responsive holistic care in a warm, homely, safe, nurturing environment.
- As part of the wider umbrella of “palliative care” we believe our services meets a need within our local communities and are committed to maintaining this.
- We support the principle that respect for dignity and consideration of the ‘whole’ patient is paramount. To this end we address physical, psychological, emotional, cultural, faith/spiritual and family needs of our patients.
- We believe implementation of good symptom control, in partnership with the patient first, and the multidisciplinary team, is fundamental to promoting a feeling of wellness and enhanced quality-of-life.
- We recognise the importance of patients being independent and will work to maintain this.
- We believe that “hospice care” is about re-affirming life, irrespective of that life-span.
Registered Charity Number: 519931