Groundwork helps communities across Wales create better neighbourhoods, build skills and job prospects and to live and work in a greener way.
We work towards a vision – of a society of sustainable communities which are vibrant, healthy and safe, which respect the local and global environment and where individuals and enterprise prosper.
Our initiatives cut across economics, social issues and the environment. We have a proven track record in delivering community based regeneration, having worked in Wales since the 1980’s with a wide range of local and national partners including; Welsh Government, Local Authorities, Natural Resources Wales, Marks & Spencer, Communities First, DWP, Big Lottery Fund.
We focus our activity on disadvantaged communities where we can make the most difference, creating programmes and projects that benefit both people and the wider environment through:
• Building skills and improving job prospects.
• Promoting healthy lifestyles.
• Motivating and developing the confidence, skills and employability of young people.
• raising awareness of energy efficiency, recycling and waste reduction and supporting the eradication of fuel poverty.
• Supporting local communities to re-design neglected open spaces.
Groundwork Wales are pleased to announce that they have been awarded the prestigious "Two Ticks"Department for Work & Pensions standard that means we have demonstrated that we are "Positive About Disability" and that we are a recognised equal opportunities employer.