Visit The Clink Restaurant at HMP Cardiff
A dining experience delivering change, staffed by prisoners working towards City & Guilds NVQs in Food Preparation, Food Service and Customer Service, leading to employment in the UK hospitality industry upon release. Since opening, The Clink Restaurant at Cardiff has won several prestigious awards, including being named tenth best restaurant in the UK in the TripAdvisor Travellers’ Choice Awards 2015 and receiving the Sustainable Restaurant Association’s 3 Star Award.
It also champions the wealth of quality, fresh and organic produce available throughout Wales
CARDIFF - WHAT TO EXPECT
- A unique dining experience, within the grounds of this Category B prison.
- A delicious meal, cooked using fresh, seasonal ingredients and the latest cookery techniques.
- You will be served by prisoners from HMP Prescoed (a category D prison) who participate in The Clink Restaurants' training scheme.
- The Clink Restaurant Cardiff has a private dining room which is available for exclusive hire; seating 25 and offering projector and AV facilities it is ideal for meetings, conferences and presentations.
- Please note that no alcohol is served in this restaurant due to it being banned on prison premises.
When you visit a Clink restaurant, you will enjoy a unique experience whilst helping to transform lives. The delicious, high quality meals at The Clink Restaurants’ are cooked and served by the prisoners in training who are working towards gaining their City & Guild’s NVQs in Food & Beverage Service, Professional Cookery, Horticulture and Hospitality Service.
Our aim is to reduce reoffending rates of ex-offenders. We work in partnership with Her Majesty’s Prison & Probation Service to run projects that train and give practical skills to prisoners to aid their rehabilitation. The Clink Restaurants allow prisoners to learn, engage with the public and take their first steps towards a new life.